Have you kept the first 5 common scams on Facebook that we talked about in our last post? If you need a little recap, check out 10 Common Facebook scams 2013 <Part 1>.
Ready? Now, let’s get into the next 5!
6. Phony message on Facebook
- Scammer from Facebook team: A phishing scam spotted by GFI Lab early this year. You will go through 5 pages of question for a security check after clicking on the link. Once the scammer has your information, it will start to spam your friends or use your identity and card information to purchase things you will never receive.
- Check out my new Camera: I’ve seen too many times that my friends try to show me their new shopping trophy through Facebook chat; while we all know the link of the pictures will not take you to their new camera or new clothes, but some spams or malware.
- I need your help (and money!): Your friend won’t ask for your help by just leaving a Facebook message, especially when s/he needs your financial support. A tip to keep in mind, they usually ask you to transfer money via Western Union or other uncommon financial institute. Be cautious!
7. Customize you Facebook: Apps to find out who unfriend you, to change your Facebook color or getting “Dislike” button are just a few tricks of the scammers. Scammers usually insert adware, malware into the browser extension or plugins.
One of the most popular scam on Facebook early this year is the make-your-Facebook-red scam. After clicking the link 계속 읽기